On April 18, 2013, the Harvey County Independent ran acolumn that Bill Bush wrote about his daughter and son’s toy poodle, Anna.Maybe I Should Have Hit the Delete Key contains Bill’s first one hundred columnspublished in the Independent. Covering a variety of topics, Bill:
- Shares his passion for running, small towns, his children, daylight savings time, and peanut butter
- Documents the excitement and obstacles of trying to start a writing career
- Addresses the NFL controversies of Ray Rice and players kneeling for the National Anthem
- Tackles tough issues like terrorism, target’s bathroom policy, minimum wage, Westboro Baptist Church, Donald Trump, and freedom and socialism
- Provides solutions for the societal problems of gay marriage and the IRS
- Opens up about his fears of publishing a novel,dating, not being happy, and watching his aunt die
- Writes flash fiction stories about skunks, aliens,friendship, and parenthood, and shares excerpts from longer fictional work
Some humorous, some serious, all thought provoking.
Bill’s column, So Many Thoughts So Little Time, can be read regularly in the Harvey County Independent, located in Halstead, Kansas.
Purchase Maybe I Should Have Hit the Delete Key
The battle for Vetrix is over. The battlefor Earth begins.
Who can Flipper count on if not even his parents believehim?
After having returned safely from his adventures on the Gude homeplanet, Flipper is dismayed to find only ridicule and skepticism back home. Ofcourse aliens aren’t real; of course these are just the flights of fancy of asixth-grader and his friends. Nobody believes his story. Nobodycares.
But when the Snaders put into motion a nefarious plot to conquer Earthand eliminate the human threat in one fell swoop, Flipper finds his storyverified in a most spectacular–and horrifying–fashion. Not only have they senta deadly fleet to attack Earth, but they have infiltrated the halls of power,insinuated themselves into the heart of human civilization … and now the trapis closing.
With the help of Josh and Allison, along with allies both old and new,Flipper will need to dig deep and find the courage to stand up against theSnaders once more, and prevent them from destroying everything he holdsdear–friends, family, and the world itself.
Order your copy of Earth
Three friends–eleven adventures–one goodtime.
Before Flipper is kidnapped in front of Allison and Josh (details inthe book Vetrix), the three best friends had a relatively normal life, thoughthese short stories show that even ordinary kids doing everyday activitiesexperience extraordinary moments. What kind of fun lies inside thesepages?
– Josh and Allison get kicked out of a field trip
– They each share their most embarrassing moment
– Flipper uses his best pick-up lines on a girl he has a crush on
– The kids play a prank on Christmas night
– Allison and Flipper help Josh deal with a bully
– An indoor activity sends one of them to the emergency room
– Flipper and Allison battle against a tarantula that is stalking them
– Flipper fights a goat
– Allison becomes a sleuth
… and more
Experience the trio’s friendship as they have a good time together, nomatter the circumstances.
Order Before Vetrix
Two alien species. One threat to Earth.
But who is the real threat and who can be trusted?
Twelve-year-old Flipper didn’t believe in aliens — until he was kidnapped by one.
When he wakes up one morning on the planet Vetrix he is trapped in the midst of an inter-planetary war. As Flipper struggles to survive and find a way back to Earth he discovers he may be a descendent of one of the warring species and that his intervening in the war may be his destiny, if destiny is decided by a computer program.
On Earth, Allison begins having dreams that turn out to be real experiences. When she watches a purple man disappear with her cousin, Flipper, no one believes her. Allison’s best friend Josh agrees to help and together the two sixth-graders begin their own investigation that leads them to the truth behind the Roswell Incident of 1947 and current alien activity on Earth.
As they try to gure out how to expose the secret colony of aliens and their plans to destroy the human race, Allison attempts to use her dreams to locate and rescue Flipper.
Bill Bush’s second installment of short stories is now available at Amazon.
This time the stories center around children and animals, with a pesky ghost thrown in. What the stories lack in adult supervision they make up for in unexpected twists.
Please check out the new book, and if you like it, leave a review.
Satisfyingly Strange Short Stories, Volume 2
Martin was a most unlikely candidate to dress as Santa Clause for the annual Christmas parade. What transpires as he rides atop a fire truck waving at children will change the course of many lives for years to come.
Bill Bush’s second book, The Christmas Parade Miracle, is a short story about forgiveness, redemption, and hope.
The Christmas Parade Miracle
Satisfyingly Strange Short Stories is a collection of five flash fiction / short stories. It is available on Amazon for $.99. Here is the address:
Satisfyingly Strange Short Stories, Volume 1
If you like anything about the book please leave a review! That’s the best way to help Bill Bush get visibility on Amazon as an author.
Stay tuned – his next next book will be available after Thanksgiving.